Join us for a leadership program designed to cultivate and strengthen the management and leadership skills of school principals in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.
The Principals' Centre Australia
A joint program of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard Club of Australia.
Hosted at New South Wales Teacher Federation Conference Center Sydney, Australia
16th to 20th January 2023.
The Principals’ Center in Australia is designed to provide school leaders in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia with the knowledge, leadership strategies, and tools to become effective leaders of instructional change and accelerate learning for all students. Hosted in Sydney and designed for region-specific learning needs, the program brings together school leaders and Harvard faculty over five days. Working with colleagues from across the region, participants will explore research-based techniques and best practices as they develop leadership plans tailored to their schools at home.
With content drawn from local learning contexts, and all sessions led by Harvard faculty, the program addresses areas of critical importance to school leaders in Australasia – instructional leadership, school culture, leadership development, strategy, and family and community engagement. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn through faculty-led sessions and case studies using Australia-specific examples and learning contexts
- Participate in facilitated discussion groups that engage peers in collaborative learning and reflection
- Reflect on and hone personal leadership goals
- Develop a school leadership plan that can be implemented in multiple school settings and contexts
- Build lasting connections by engaging with faculty and fellow principals and school leaders in your cohort
- Gain a deeper understanding of the leadership skills needed to set high expectations for instructional quality
- Learn to cultivate school cultures that prioritize learning for all
- Learn new leadership approaches for creating change and identifying optimal conditions for student learning
- Develop leadership strategies informed by relevant school data
- Learn how to align resources and initiatives around evidence
- Foster student achievement and better outcomes by increasing engagement among family members, community stakeholders, and school leaders