Strengthen your leadership practices in a supportive community of HGSE faculty and peers.
Women in Education Leadership is a forum for you to celebrate your strengths, analyze your challenges, and focus on the skills you need now to engage multiple constituencies in the work of improving learning opportunities for students. This program empowers women to lead through adversity, and it provides a unique opportunity for growth and renewal among diverse groups of women.
Women in Educational Leadership will return to the HGSE campus. In advance of the residential program, you will work independently to complete activities, which might include listening to podcasts, watching short videos, and reading articles or case studies. On campus, you will participate in interactive sessions with faculty, and, with their guidance, apply analytical frameworks to your context. You will also work in small groups for application, reflection, and peer coaching activities. You will address dilemmas common to all leaders and also unique to women.
- Learn strategies for prioritizing your equity agenda, especially in tumultuous times.
- Explore ways to build and sustain collaborative relationships with your team and other stakeholders.
- Gain essential negotiation skills to ensure your resource needs are met to be effective in your leadership role.
- Understand the nature of your professional challenges; understand how biases related to gender and race are at play and explore ways to respond.
- Develop a framework for Social-Emotional Learning in your organization.
- Practice self-care.
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are affecting change in education.