Strengthen your leadership to advance education change in the face of your most complex circumstances to date.
Women in Education Leadership is a forum for you to celebrate your strengths, analyze your challenges, and focus on the skills you need now to engage multiple constituencies in the work of improving learning opportunities for students. This program empowers women to lead through adversity, and it provides a unique opportunity for growth and renewal among diverse groups of women.
This year, Women in Educational Leadership is designed and offered as a virtual institute. This new format will maintain the intensity and rigor of the learning experience and also give participants the flexibility to attend to personal and professional responsibilities.
In advance of each block, you will work independently to complete activities, which might include listening to a podcast, watching a short video, reading a book chapter or case. Each learning block will then integrate live, synchronous sessions with faculty, small group tasks, and networking opportunities. With the support of faculty, you will apply analytical frameworks to your context.
On the days between these blocks, you will meet for a small-group peer coaching session to explore and address dilemmas common to all leaders and also unique to women. The groups will bring participants together with similar roles. The sessions will last for 45 minutes and be scheduled according to your preferred meeting time.
Schedule for Live Sessions
Sessions for this program are scheduled to be held on the dates and times listed below. The program schedule includes 60- to 120- minute class sessions or case discussions with breaks scheduled in between sessions.
Wednesday, November 3, 2021: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. ET
Friday, November 5, 2021: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. ET
Monday, November 8, 2021: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. ET
Wednesday, November 10, 2021: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET
Peer coaching groups will meet for 45 minutes at one of the following times on each of the dates below:
Thursday, November 4, 2021: 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. or 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. ET
Tuesday, November 9, 2021: 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. or 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. ET
- Learn strategies for prioritizing your equity agenda, especially in tumultuous times
- Explore ways to strengthen and sustain collaborative relationships with your team and other stakeholders when working in a virtual or blended context
- Gain essential negotiation skills to ensure your needs are met to be effective in your leadership role
- Understand the nature of your professional challenges, especially where biases related to gender and race are at play and strategies for addressing them
- Develop a framework for Social-Emotional Learning in your organization
- Practice self-care
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are affecting change in education