Gain the skills you need to lead and coach educators to use the Data Wise Improvement Process to build equitable schools.
Data Wise Coach Certification
"Now more than ever, it is critical for us to be able to support our teachers and analyzing student work effectively to ensure those high levels of success that we all seek." - Berenice Rodriguez, Principal, Data Wise Participant
The Data Wise Improvement Process is a collaborative inquiry model that helps schools organize their daily work around the continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
The Data Wise Coach Certification Program prepares experienced users to lead teams of educators in through cycles of inquiry. The program is designed to help schools and school systems boost their training capacity and bring data inquiry to scale in cost effective and context-specific ways.
Upon completion of this program, you will become a Certified Data Wise coach who will be qualified to teach educators the Data Wise Improvement Process and coach teams as they launch and work their way through a cycle of inquiry.
As a certified Data Wise coach, you become a member of the Data Wise Coach Network (DWN). Network members enjoy:
- Being a part of a community with a common purpose
- Problem-solving with peer experts who push your thinking via virtual professional learning series and DWN listserv
- Accessing the most up-to-date resources from Data Wise and the larger Data Wise Network
- Enjoying recognition as a contributing member to a leading organization in the field of continuous improvement
The live-online kickoff for this program is May 4, 4:00 - 6:00 PM US Eastern Time.
At the end of the program, you will have developed and demonstrated six Data Wise coach competencies:
- Share your “Why” and reflect on how it informs your coaching
- Support teams in using collaborative time well
- Support teams in working through adaptive challenges
- Collaborate to improve coaching practice
- Provide feedback on Data Wise artifacts
- Engage in ongoing improvement of knowledge and skill
Who Should Attend
- have completed a Data Wise Leadership Institute and/or Data Wise in Action program
- have two or more years experience working in K-12 schools or higher education, as well as experience facilitating groups and analyzing multiple forms of data
- want to deepen their ability to teach others how to leverage the Data Wise process, habits of mind, and norms to build equitable schools
- are committed to becoming part of a community of learners and want to cultivate habits of mind for using time and data wisely
Please note: To be eligible for DWCC you must be available to be a member of the teaching team during an upcoming Data Wise open-enrollment or custom on-site program. If you are not able to serve in one of our teaching teams in the upcoming year, we hope you will consider applying during the next cohort cycle. If you have questions about approved programs please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Lecturer on Education
Kathryn Boudett is the faculty co-chair of the Data Wise Leadership Institute: June, Data Wise Leadership Institute: January, Data Wise Leadership Institute: Australia, Data Wise Leadership Institute: Online, Data Wise in Action Program, Data Wise Coach Certification, and the Data Wise Coach Network.
Ph.D. student in Education, HGSE
Jaein Lee is the educational co-chair of the Data Wise Coach Certification and Data Wise Coach Network.
Penny Jayne is the educational co-chair of the Data Wise Coach Certification.
Founder and CEO of Koru Strategy Group
Rob Wessman is educational co-chair of the Data Wise Coach Certification.
Fees & Policies
Payment or a purchase order must be received within 30 days of program acceptance, or upon receipt of the invoice if acceptance is within 30 days prior to the start of the program. Click here for more information on payment and financial aid.
Please click here for more information on our on-campus and online refund and withdrawal policies.
The Harvard Graduate School of Education reserves the right to change faculty or cancel programs at its discretion. In the unlikely event of program changes, the school is not responsible for non-refundable travel arrangements or other planning expenses incurred.
Closed Captioning and Accessibility
This program contains videos and live web conferences. The majority of our pre-recorded videos are closed-captioned and accompanied by PDF transcripts. For live events, we will arrange for captioning services upon your request. Please contact us via the Professional Education Community if you require these accommodations. If possible, requests should be made at least a week in advance. Please note: we will make every effort to secure services, but all are subject to availability.