Make better decisions for your institution by gaining new insights into the relationship between strategic priorities and the allocation of financial resources.
Changes in the economy and job market have influenced how key stakeholders view the price, perceived value, and value proposition of higher education degrees. These factors have impacted the financial landscape of today’s colleges and universities as they grapple with increased competition for limited resources and face funding challenges for everything from financial aid to learning technologies.
Innovative leaders can leverage these complex financial circumstances into opportunities for growth and transformation. Aligning Strategic Priorities with Financial Resources in Higher Education is a new virtual institute that helps higher education leaders adapt to changing circumstances and develop the skills needed to strategically allocate financial resources.
This three-week virtual institute combines contemporary research with practical application. The program is highly interactive, enabling you to engage with fellow participants and HGSE faculty as you participate in live sessions, discussion boards, and informal break-out sessions. The institute also includes readings, case studies, and daily reflections. By the end of the institute, you’ll develop an action plan you can put to work in your own organization.
Three Learning Modules
- Module 1: Current Challenges and Opportunities: Soundings from the Field
- Module 2: Strategic Finance Foundations and Levers: Supporting Institutional Transformation
- Module 3: Managing with Constrained Financial Resources and Action Planning
Schedule for Live Sessions and Office Hours
We strongly encourage live participation, as this will be the best opportunity to engage with your colleagues and faculty in the program. However, all live sessions will be recorded and made available on the participant program website afterward.
If possible, you should plan to attend the live webinar orientation session on Thursday, March 14, 2024, from 12 to 1 p.m., ET, as it will include useful introductory content and provide a valuable opportunity for face-to-face connection with fellow students and faculty. If you are unable to participate in the live event, we encourage you to watch the orientation recording.
Live sessions with faculty will be held on the following dates from 12 to 1:30 p.m., ET. Each session will include an optional virtual office hour from 1:30 to 2 p.m., ET. The live sessions will be recorded, but the office hours will not.
- Thursday, March 14, 2024 (Orientation – 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. ET)
- Tuesday, March 19, 2024
- Thursday, March 21, 2024
- Tuesday, March 26, 2024
- Thursday, March 28, 2024
- Tuesday, April 2, 2024
- Thursday, April 4, 2024
- Gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between strategic choices and financial implications in higher education institutions
- Recognize how strategic finance foundations build institutional capacity and foster increased adaptability through creative solutions
- Learn to activate financial levers to enable strategic priorities and sustainability through resource allocation/reallocation
Who Should Attend
- Higher education leaders, including:
- Department Chairs
- Financial Officers
- Education leaders responsible for strategic decision-making and resource allocation