The honorees were nominated by their classmates based on who inspired them, impressed them, helped them gain a different perspective on the structures challenging education today, and created a climate that allowed for shared learning and intellectual growth inside and outside the classroom. Then, each master’s program director, in consultation with faculty and staff, selected the final honoree for their program based on the nominations, as well as demonstrated academic success.
During the HGSE Convocation ceremony on Wednesday, May 23, Dean James Ryan will present this year’s recipients with a certificate of recognition and a gold honor cord to wear during the Commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 24.
Each awardee did us the honor of answering our questions about their times at HGSE, their future plans, and what has and will continue to inspire them in education. In the days leading up to Commencement 2018, we will add their responses here. Check back often for updates.
2018 Intellectual Contribution Award Recipients:
- Jocelyn Bonadio-de Freitas, Arts in Education
- Natasha Rivera, Education Policy and Management
- Dantrell Cotton, Higher Education
- Bene Webster, Human Development and Psychology
- Ranya Brooks, International Education Policy
- Jabari Sellars, Language and Literacy
- Morgan Barraza, Learning and Teaching
- Rachel Hantman, Mind, Brain, and Education
- Esther Kim, Prevention Science and Practice
- Tamesha Webb, School Leadership
- Shanta Harrington, Specialized Studies
- Melissa Mooradian, Teacher Education
- Stewart Jones, Technology, Innovation, and Education
Photos by Jill Anderson