Due to Governor Baker’s emergency order, which is in effect Tuesday, March 24 at noon, campus access is restricted to essential access only. If you require access to campus and your access is essential for productively advancing teaching and learning or research activity please request building access here.
The Harvard Graduate School of Education is working with the university to closely monitor the ongoing outbreak of the new coronavirus (COVID-19). During the evolving situation, our top priority is the health and safety of community members, their families, and the public. We are also committed to supporting degree completion, and for our doctoral students, continued academic progress. Finally, we are dedicated to maintaining the community and our relationships with one another.
This is a fluid situation, and we will use this website and social media (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook) to provide updates and resources for the entire community. Learn about HGSE guidance and resources specific to faculty, students, staff, and professional education participants and explore general information about HGSE’s response.
Please visit Harvard University’s coronavirus website for complete and up-to-date information on university policies and guidance.
HGSE Guidance to the Community on the Coronavirus Situation
Dean Long's virtual community meetings
- March 13, 2020 – Dean Long, Kelly DeLiberato, and Maritza Hernandez update the community
- March 12, 2020 – Dean Long video updates to the community
- March 11, 2020 – Dean Long addresses key questions from the community
Click here for consolidated information for faculty.
Emails to faculty and course instructors:
- March 19, 2020 – Updates on Teaching Resources and Trainings
- March 13, 2020 – Friday evening round-up
- March 11, 2020 – Academic policies, research activity, and faculty work
- March 11, 2020 – Ideas for HGSE faculty teaching this afternoon and evening
- March 9, 2020 – Faculty information
- March 9, 2020 – Coronavirus update for HGSE teaching faculty
Click here for consolidated information for students.
Emails to students:
- April 1, 2020 – Commencement 2020
- March 31, 2020 – COVID-19 Students Update
- March 20, 2020 – COVID-19 Students Update
- March 17, 2020 – COVID-19 Students Update
- March 16, 2020 – COVID-19 Students Update
- March 12, 2020 – Action Required - COVID-19 Students Update
- March 12, 2020 – Information and guidance to support doctoral student work
- March 9, 2020 – Coronavirus update for HGSE students and cross-registrants
Click here for consolidated information for staff.
Emails to staff:
- March 17, 2020 – Staying connected as a staff community
- March 9, 2020 – Coronavirus update for HGSE staff
Email communications for alumni:
Email communication for the entire community:
- April 28, 2020 – HGSE Planning for Fall 2020
- March 23, 2020 – Starting a New Chapter
- March 17, 2020 – Important announcements
- March 10, 2020 – Ensuring the continuity of learning and support at HGSE
- March 6, 2020 – Additional HGSE guidance on coronavirus
- March 4, 2020 – Additional HGSE guidance on coronavirus