A complete application to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education typically consists of the following, submitted to the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS). Please note that these may change slightly from year to year so it is important to review the application instructions carefully when the new application is available.
- Online application form (will be available on GSAS's website September 2017)
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Standardized test score(s):
- TOEFL (if applicable)
- Transcript(s) from each postsecondary institution attended:
- Uploaded copy of each transcript with the online application
- $105 application fee (paid via credit card with the online application)
- Supplemental form for the Ph.D. in Education
Additional information about the Ph.D. application process is available on the GSAS Application Instructions and Information page, as well as the HGSE Ph.D. FAQ page.
Once all applications have been reviewed, HGSE will invite selected Ph.D. applicants for a required Skype interview with members of the admissions committee. Interviews will take place in late January 2018.
Ph.D. applicants who wish to be considered for admission to an Ed.M. program, if they are not admitted to the program to which they applied, should indicate their interest in an Ed.M. referral on their online application. Shortly after the Ph.D. application deadline, they will receive an email from the HGSE Admissions Office, asking them to select a specific Ed.M. program (and strand, if applicable) and provide a statement regarding their referral interest.