Harvard Graduate School of Education degree students register for courses using my.Harvard and the Crimson Cart.
In order to be officially registered for a course, you will need to:
- Complete the Check-In Process
- Add the course to your Crimson Cart
- Validate the Course
- For limited enrollment courses (and after the August 31 Course Registration Deadline), submit a petition to request permission from the instructor
- Meet with your advisor to have the advising hold lifted
- Submit the course for enrollment
Detailed directions are located here.
Course Registration Timeframe
The Crimson Cart will open to students on:
- August 27, for all students who have checked-in.
HGSE Courses in the Crimson Cart must be submitted by:
- August 31, at 3 p.m. (The Finish Enrolling button) You should enroll in the HGSE courses you know you will take by this deadline. Cross-registered courses are not subject to the August 31 HGSE deadline.
Students who have not submitted ANY courses in their Crimson Carts after 3 p.m. on August 31, will be subject to a $50 late fee.
Adding and Dropping Courses
- Students who have enrolled in at least one course by August 31, can subsequently add or drop courses without a fee.
- The add/drop/grade option deadline for HGSE courses and fall 1 modules is September 21 at 5 p.m.
- The add/drop/grade option deadline for HGSE courses and fall 2 modules is November 2 at 5 p.m.
- For information regarding J-Term, please click (TBD).
- For information regaring cross-registration, please click here.