The Principals’ Centre in Australia: Leadership for School Excellence will be held at the University of Sydney Business School in Sydney, Australia from 13th January 2020 to 16th January 2020.
Join us for a leadership program designed to cultivate and strengthen the management and leadership skills of school principals in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.
A new program from the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE), Leadership for School Excellence is designed to provide school leaders in Australia, New Zealand, and the surrounding region (Australasia) with the knowledge, leadership strategies, and tools to become effective leaders of instructional change and accelerate learning for all students. Hosted in Sydney, Australia, and designed for region-specific learning needs, participants will engage with Harvard faculty over four days to explore research based techniques and best practices to assist in developing a leadership plan tailored to their home school settings.
With content drawn from local learning contexts, and all sessions led by Harvard faculty, this program will address areas of critical importance to school leaders in Australasia – instructional leadership, school culture, leadership development, strategy, and family and community engagement. Throughout the program, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn through faculty-led sessions and case studies, using Australia-specific examples and learning contexts
- Participate in facilitated discussion groups that engage peers in collaborative learning and reflection
- Reflect on and hone personal leadership goals
- Develop a school leadership plan that can be implemented in multiple school settings and contexts
- Build lasting connections by engaging with faculty and fellow principals and school leaders in your cohort
- Gain a deeper understanding of the leadership skills needed to set high expectations for instructional quality, including how to cultivate a school culture that prioritizes learning for all
- Become a more effective school leader and learn new leadership approaches for creating change and identifying optimal conditions for student learning
- Develop a leadership strategy informed by relevant school data and learn how to align resources and initiatives around an evidence-based approach
- Foster student achievement and better outcomes by increasing engagement among family members, community stakeholders, and school leaders