Determine how well-positioned your institution is to meet current and future challenges and gain knowledge and skills to better prepare you to lead in the face of these challenges.
Change is difficult, even when institutions and individuals are genuinely committed to it. The Institute for Management and Leadership in Education (MLE) is designed for experienced administrators who are responsible for thinking strategically about their institutions’ change agendas.
This two-week on-campus program will help you understand which aspects of your institutional mission and culture are critical to future success and how to close the gap between your best leadership intentions and what you are actually able to accomplish.
MLE also serves as a valuable opportunity for mid-career professional assessment and renewal. You will reflect on your own leadership strengths and weaknesses in a supportive learning environment with Harvard faculty and accomplished higher education leaders from across the country and around the world.
- Understand and overcome the challenges of organizational change
- Master new approaches to leadership
- Develop and implement effective strategies
- Review and assess the impact of changes in the higher education competitive environment
- Evaluate the impact of new initiatives and alliances
- Realign faculty and financial resources