Hone your leadership abilities, manage change and improvement, and advance your institution’s mission through an immersive institute designed for senior-level higher education leaders.
For more than 50 years, the Institute for Educational Management (IEM), has helped experienced higher education professionals further refine their leadership skills, while developing tangible strategies for near- and long-term institutional success.
This highly immersive, intensive learning experience will prepare leaders like you to address higher education’s most pressing issues, including setting strategic direction, competing successfully in a dynamic marketplace, optimizing financial and human resources, creating an inclusive community on campus, embracing emerging technologies, and more.
This eight-day, on-campus institute is designed to help you articulate a compelling institutional vision, foster meaningful and enduring institutional growth and address the issues that drive positive organizational change and innovation. IEM offers you the time and space to step back from your day-to-day responsibilities to consider the following questions:
- What gets in the way of putting your ideas into action at the individual and institutional level?
- How can planning and strategy implementation help drive opportunities for positive institutional change and improvement?
- How can you function as an agent of change and champion of improvement within your institution?
- How can you put your plans into action when you leave the program -- ensuring there are results directly attributable to your learning?
While the program will be conducted on-campus, it may also include virtual components, such as orientation, pre-program preparation, select in-program content, and a post-program follow-up session.
For travel planning purposes, the IEM program will start on July 13th, at 7:30 a.m. and end on July 20th, at 1 p.m.
- Articulate your individual leadership challenges and explore how to advance your institution’s mission
- Gain insight on working more effectively as a member of the senior leadership team, while balancing internal and external leadership roles
- Generate the leadership skills needed to create a community and culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Learn to drive innovation, improvement, and change for lasting impact at your institution
- Deepen your understanding of what constitutes institutional success and learn strategies to generate it within your higher education environment
- Develop a sustained professional network by engaging with your cohort through peer coaching and learning