Discover a research-based process and proven method for undertaking personal change that can contribute to important transformations in your work and professional life.
Educators are often so focused on external initiatives, protocols, and workplace limitations that we fail to consider our own contributions to the change equation. We forget to ask what change we could bring forward in ourselves that could help create the outcomes we seek.
Immunity to Change—a learning process informed by 30 years of research and used in businesses throughout the world—offers an actionable model for improving personal and professional mindsets. In this program, participants explore how the process can be applied to a variety of goals, such as:
- improving our ability to receive critical feedback
- delegating in order to move an initiative forward
- creating a healthier work-life balance
- having more courageous conversations
- working more collaboratively
- prioritizing responsibilities
- better managing emotions at work
In this 12-week online program, you will work on a goal of your choosing. Each week, you will engage in several activities and real-world exercises in which you explore how personal transformation can help you reach your most important goals and drive organizational performance to new heights. Course activities include:
- focused readings, including from the required text, Immunity to Change
- brief videos
- short assessments
- reflections on your real-world experiments
- online discussion
Each week will require 4-6 hours of work, with a heavier workload at the beginning of the program. You can tailor the work to your own schedule to meet weekly submission dates. Participants enrolled as members of a team may also choose to meet in person.
Please note that since this is a personal development process, the work may be emotionally taxing at times and may therefore require additional time for reflection.
- Understand the difference between technical and adaptive challenges and why traditional change models are not effective in addressing adaptive challenges
- Discover the connection between personal change and professional goals
- Learn what a psychological immune system is, how assumptions sustain this immune system, and how to test your assumptions
- Identify a meaningful self-improvement goal and make measurable progress using the Immune to Change process
- Explore how to apply the Immunity to Change model to reach group goals