The early education field is at a critical juncture. We know high-quality experiences and environments fuel young children’s healthy development – and yet, longstanding challenges and inequities mean too few children and caregivers have what they need to thrive. Now is the time for innovative solutions at all levels of the early education system, from the classroom to the statehouse.
As dedicated and resilient professionals, early education leaders and practitioners have an opportunity to leverage their considerable skills and abilities to help drive positive and meaningful change, and to spark everyday innovation for progress. Throughout this program, we will explore what it means to engage in everyday innovation – transformative approaches that offer new solutions to persistent problems. With expertise and insights from a diverse group of speakers and facilitators, this program will provide participants with concrete tools and hands-on support to leverage their own expertise and generate creative, actionable solutions to the challenges facing today’s young children, their families, and their early learning environments.
Optional—Join us for the Saul Zaentz Early Education Innovation Challenge Pitch Event!
This session will include an opportunity to see innovation in action at this year’s Zaentz Innovation Challenge live pitch event! As an attendee of the “Everyday Innovation” program, you will receive priority seating to attend this special program, which will be held on Thursday, April 27, from 4:00 - 5:30 pm at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. For more information about the Innovation Challenge, please visit our website.
During this program, participants will:
- Explore “everyday innovation” in early education – what it is and why it’s needed
- Learn how innovative thinking can help address everyday challenges in early learning settings
- Learn from innovators on the ground who have developed effective strategies and mindsets to spark change in their settings and communities
- Practice using an iterative, innovation-focused approach to identify and address a pressing problem of practice in their setting or community
Thursday, April 27, 2023
- Registration: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
- Program: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Innovation Challenge: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. (optional)
Friday, April 28, 2023
- Program: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Who Should Attend
- Directors of early education centers or programs
- Leaders of early education service organizations across the mixed delivery system
- Principals, directors, administrators, and coaches in public school pre-K programs
- Teachers who take on leadership roles, and aspiring leaders
- State early education leaders
- Grantmakers and advocates
Professional Education is excited to offer Continuing Education Units (CEU's) for your successful participation in this program.
The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a nationally and internationally recognized unit of measurement for non-credit continuing education programs. As an IACET Accredited Provider, Professional Education offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard.
Requirements to be eligible to earn CEUs:
- Attend or view all program sessions.
- Complete program evaluation.
- Successfully complete all program requirements.
Upon successfully meeting all requirements outlined above, you will be notified via email that you have A) earned the certificate of completion for the program and B) are now eligible to earn CEUs. This email will contain the link to complete the required reflection assignment if you wish to receive CEUs, along with a submission deadline, and time frame for receiving your CEUs. After submitting your reflection assignment, we will notify you via email of your CEU status, and if you have met all requirements, you will be able to download and view your CEU certificate at this point in time.
This program is eligible for 0.5 CEUs.
Note: Professional Education is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.