Cultivate research insights and practical skills around equity and student success. Develop a concrete action plan designed to ensure equitable learning in your higher education environment.
The major disruptions of the past several years continue to reshape the education landscape. They have illuminated racial and socioeconomic inequities at higher education institutions — upending student lives, deepening the digital divide, and diminishing persistence rates. Ensuring Equitable Student Success in Higher Education provides higher education leaders with the tools and strategies needed to generate equitable outcomes for all students.
Ensuring Equitable Student Success in Higher Education is a four-week virtual institute that combines cutting-edge research with practical application. You will have the opportunity to engage with fellow participants and HGSE faculty as you participate in live sessions, discussion boards, and informal break-out sessions. The program also includes readings, case studies, and the development of a customized action plan. A description for each weekly module is below:
- Module Week 1: Introductions and Foundations of Equitable Student Success
- Module Week 2: Innovative Practices and Policies
- Module Week 3: Organizational Change and Equitable Student Success
- Module Week 4: Action Planning and Wrap-Up
Schedule for Live Sessions and Office Hours
We strongly encourage live participation, as this will be the best opportunity to engage with your colleagues and faculty in the program. However, all sessions will be recorded and made available on the participant program website following the session(s).
If possible, we highly encourage you to attend the live orientation webinar on Thursday, March 23, 2023 as it will be a valuable opportunity for face-to-face connection with fellow students and faculty. If you are unable to participate in the live event, we encourage you to watch the orientation recording, as the session will include useful introductory content and insights from the community.
Live Orientation Webinar
Thursday, March 23, 2023 from 12 to 1 p.m., ET.
Live Sessions with Faculty
Live sessions with faculty will be held on the following dates from 12 to 1:30 p.m., ET. Each session will include an optional virtual office hour from 1:30 to 2 p.m., ET. The live sessions will be recorded, but the office hours will not.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Identify how varied learning conditions can impact institutional structures that support the achievement of equitable student success
- Gain a deeper understanding of how your institution achieves equitable student success
- Leverage real-time tools and strategies to develop an equity-focused action plan for your institution’s current and evolving learning environment
- Explore critical components necessary to cultivate more equitable outcomes for all student populations, including organizational structures, data-informed culture, and resources/budgets
Who Should Attend
The program is open to both individual educators and leadership teams working in the following roles:
- Faculty and staff of higher education institutions
- Leadership positions focused on impacting the success of students throughout their learning lifecycle