2017 Intellectual Contribution Award Winners Announced
The HGSE Intellectual Contribution Award recognizes 13 students (one from each Ed.M. program) whose dedication to scholarship enhanced the academic life of the community and positively impacted their fellow students. The honorees were nominated by their classmates based on who inspired them, impressed them, helped them gain a different perspective on the structures challenging education today, and created a climate that allowed for shared learning and intellectual growth inside and outside the classroom. Then, each master’s program director, in consultation with faculty and staff, selected the final honoree for their program based on the nominations, as well as demonstrated academic success.
During the HGSE Convocation ceremony on Wednesday, May 24, Dean James Ryan will present this year’s recipients with a certificate of recognition and a gold honor cord to wear during the Commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 25.
Each awardee did us the honor of answering our questions about their times at HGSE, their future plans, and what has and will continue to inspire them in education. In the days leading up to Commencement 2017, we will add their responses here. Check back often for updates.
2017 Intellectual Contribution Award Recipients:
- Nnaemeka Ekwelum, Arts in Education
- Raven Stubbs, Education Policy an Management
- Megan Red Shirt-Shaw, Higher Education
- Akiesha Ortiz, Human Development and Psychology
- Deaweh Benson, International Education Policy
- Asil Yassine, Language and Literacy
- Anjali Nirmalan, Learning and Teaching
- Lindsey Swartz, Mind, Brain, and Education
- Quang Tran, Prevention Science and Practice
- Ketica Guter, School Leadership
- Jais Brohinsky, Specialized Studies
- Zach Zimmermann, Teacher Education
- Amin Marei, Technology, Innovation, and Education
Photos by Jill Anderson