Coming to campus with a partner and/or family may seem like a daunting task, but there are many resources to help make your transition as smooth and easy as possible. HGSE is a welcoming and family-friendly school, with lots of opportunities for students and their families to stay involved. The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) is a main support system for student parents and families working to ensure that the HGSE campus is as welcoming as possible. OSA hosts a number of community-building events that families can attend throughout the school year. Here are some of the resources that are available:
Harvard Students' Spouses & Partners Associaion (HSSPA) organizes a variety of events throughout the year for Harvard students and their spouses and families, such as social gatherings, dinners and outings.
Job Searches for Spouses and Partners: The Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development offers employment services such as career planning tools, career centers and job listings. While the HGSE Career Services Office is unable to provide career counseling to spouses and partners, you may still take advantage of its directory of popular job listing websites.
- Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care – Use this site to search for licensed childcare programs that meet your needs
- Child Care Choices of Boston offers information about financial assistance for childcare.
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education provides a resource of school and district profiles, including public, private, and charter schools.
- GreatSchools.org features public and private school ratings, reviews and parent community resources.
- Montessori Schools of Massachusetts includes a list of all Montessori schools in the area.
- Association of Independent Schools in New England provides a search option for private schools in the area that fit your needs.
- Cambridge Public Schools Family Resource Center includes complete information about the lottery process for enrolling your children in the Cambridge Public Schools.