Information For:

Give back to HGSE and support the next generation of passionate educators and innovative leaders.


International Students

Does HGSE assist international students with obtaining student visas?

Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Harvard University requires international students who need a Harvard-sponsored student visa to submit financial certification that demonstrates adequate funding for one year of study. Detailed instructions regarding this process will be available upon admission to HGSE. Please note that admitted international students requesting J-1 or F-1 visas are required to enroll full-time.

Where can I find additional resources for international students?

The Harvard International Office has excellent resources for new students, including information on health care and insurance, adjusting to a new culture, and living in the community. Newly admitted students will also receive access to a prematriculation website that offers a suite of information to ease the transition.