From South Station
A taxi ride from South Station to the Harvard Graduate School of Education takes 20-30 minutes and the fare is approximately $15-20. Ask the driver to take you to the corner of Brattle Street and Appian Way in Cambridge (across from the American Repertory Theater, outside Harvard Square).
There is an entrance to the RED LINE branch of the subway inside South Station. Take the escalator down to the subway and take an inbound (Alewife-bound) train to HARVARD SQUARE (six stops).
From North Station
A taxi ride from North Station to the Harvard Graduate School of Education takes 20-30 minutes and the fare is approximately $15. Ask the driver to take you to the corner of Brattle Street and Appian Way in Cambridge (across from the American Repertory Theater, outside Harvard Square).
Take the GREEN LINE subway inbound to PARK STREET (three stops); take the RED LINE subway outbound to HARVARD SQUARE (four stops).
Go to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) website for a subway map and schedule.
To walk from the HARVARD SQUARE subway stop to HGSE:
- Take the main exit (turn left out of the train, walk along the platform, pass through the turnstiles, and go left up the escalator).
- As you exit the station, cross JFK Street to the newsstand called Crimson Corner.
- Turn left and proceed along Brattle Street (the COOP will be almost directly in front of you).
- Follow Brattle St. as it curves to the right in Brattle Square (you will pass another subway exit and several shops, and you will cross over Church Street).
- Walk three blocks and turn right on Appian Way.
Longfellow Hall is the red brick building on the left.
Larsen Hall is the tall brick building across from Longfellow Hall.
Gutman Library is the gray cement building on the corner of Appian Way and Brattle Street.