Use of GCC space is confirmed at the time the GCC office receives a signed contract from the client. Signing and returning the contract is the only way to guarantee the use of meeting space.
Please note that storage is limited. If you need to set up your materials ahead of your event or to leave them overnight for a multi-day event, you will be charged for the use of the space, as it prevents rental by another client. Additionally, if you need to have material sent over ahead of your event, you will need to check availability of storage space. A fee will apply for the storage and relocation of this material ahead of your event.
- Event cancellations made within 30 days of the event are subject to a fee equal to 50% of the cost of the meeting space.
- Event cancellations made within 1 week of the event are subject to a fee equal to 100% of the cost of the meeting space.
GCC Staff Charges
- GCC staff charges are based on a whole-hour rate of $20 per hour, per person.
- All external groups are charged for all hours during the event + 1 hour before and after the event for set-up and break-down.
- HGSE departments are charged only for time beyond normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Multiple staff members may be assigned based on the size and complexity of a given event.
- All groups are charged $30 per hour for security beyond normal Gutman Library operation hours with a 4-hour minimum.
- All catering is organized and ordered through Rebecca’s Cafe. Groups are not allowed to self-cater, or bring in unauthorized food and beverages.
- Linen is required for all service tables but is optional for dining tables. Linens should be ordered through Rebecca’s Cafe.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served but a bartender and per-head liquor liability insurance are required in accordance with the HGSE Alcohol Policy. All arrangements should be made through Rebecca’s Cafe.
- HGSE departments must organize their media needs directly through the Learning and Technology Center.
- External groups organize their meeting needs through the GCC office. See our Media page for details on equipment and cost.
Music & Entertainment
Because the GCC is located in a library setting, music and entertainment requires advance permission.
The Gutman Library and GCC have ADA-accessible entrances and bathrooms.
Phone, Fax & Internet
- Pay phones are located in the lobby of the Gutman Library.
- Computer access for event participants must be arranged for in advance. Computers located in the Library lobby are for HGSE student use only.
- Wireless access to the Internet is available in the GCC and all classroom spaces at HGSE. Wired access is available upon request.
Billing & Payment
- Invoices are usually prepared and sent out via fax or e-mail within one week.
- Groups may pay their charges by using their 33 digit Harvard billing code. Transfers are only processed with written permission from the client: either via e-mail or signed invoice.
- Credit cards are not accepted.
Policies on the Use of the Harvard Name
Visit the Office of the Provost at Harvard for the policy on the use of Harvard names and insignias.