Our mission is to transform the use of data in education to improve student achievement.
Selection Criteria: Who Can Become An SDP Fellow?
**Applications for Cohort 5 of the SDP Fellowship are now closed.**
Strategic Data Project Fellows are highly skilled quantitative analysts with a passion for using data to drive decision-making in complex organizations. Fellows come from diverse professional backgrounds (e.g. public policy, business, education) but share an interest and commitment to effecting change in educational organizations and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of students across the country.
The Strategic Data Project seeks candidates who possess:
1. An advanced Degree (Master’s level or higher)
2. A strong background in quantitative analysis
- Master’s level (or equivalent) knowledge of statistical analysis to provide agencies with the capacity for data-driven decision making
- Experience in practical data analysis and familiarity with research design
3. Proven leadership and management experience
- At least four years of professional work experience, including a successful track record of managing projects and change initiatives
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive – humility, flexibility, patience and resilience in order to address multiple barriers and see projects from beginning to end
4. Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to cultivate relationships, identify high-value projects and push them forward
- Ability to develop and manage relationships within and beyond the organization
- Experience communicating complex research findings to diverse audiences
5. Demonstrated passion for education reform
- Interest and passion for initiating change in the education sector, advancing the use of data and analysis in policy decision-making and improving educational outcomes.