Askwith Forums

Harvard EdCast: Leave No Child Behind

By Matt Weber
05/12/2011 6:00 AM

, president and founder of the Children’s Defense Fund, reflects on her work, her life, her leadership, and the remarkable number of commencement addresses she has delivered.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Edelman has been an advocate for disadvantaged Americans for her entire professional life. Under her leadership, CDF has become the nation’s strongest voice for children and families. The Children’s Defense Fund’s Leave No Child Behind® mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start, and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.

About the Harvard

The Harvard EdCast is a weekly series of podcasts, available on the Harvard University iTunes U page, that features a 15-20 minute conversation with thought leaders in the field of education from across the country and around the world. Hosted by Matt Weber, the Harvard EdCast is a space for educational discourse and openness, focusing on the myriad issues and current events related to the field.

, ,

• Jacquebgoode

I have always had to work hard. In school, in surviving and also in providing for my family. As an educator, I can still say that I am still working hard to give back to my community. The distress that most of us are experiencing is an American disgrace that hard work doesn’t pay those of us who are on the mission field. Even my own children are suffering through the failures of the systemic vices that hold us back. When will this country wake up? My voice has been silenced too many times, and even I, a hard worker no longer know what to do!

• Diane Arrington

Oh no. We are so fragmented how can we rebuild the foundation with the “dynamics” of the broken family, societal structures in survival mode, and the culture dictating our norm. And you are a Educator already. A leader said reinvent yourself after… . I wanted to ask this leader how do you reinvent a standard that bought us thus far.

Upcoming Forums View All >

Latest Activity

MEDIA CONTACT

Jill Anderson

News Officer
617-496-1884jill_anderson@gse.harvard.edu