Alumni & Friends : Giving to HGSE
Giving to HGSE
"After physical and financial security for the individual, education is the most important ingredient in creating and maintaining a viable global society."
Peter Papesch, AB60, MAR63, GSA61
Architect, Planner, Developer, HGSE Donor
"Volunteering for HGSE helps me to keep my finger on the pulse of developments at the School and in the field of education. More importantly, it's an opportunity to serve a place intent on improving the lives of others through all things education. That's something that I can -- and will continue -- to stand behind."
Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving, Classes
"I'm not a person of tremendous means, but I wanted to help the School offer others the same wonderful experience I had at Harvard."
Marue Walizer, EDD87
Educator, Consultant, HGSE Donor
Making a Difference
HGSE's alumni and friends are essential to the school's mission: developing the leaders and knowledge necessary to improve education. Every day, they make a difference in-and-around pre-kindergarten through higher education as teachers, principals, superintendents, professors, researchers, nonprofit leaders, policymakers, government officials, board members and volunteers.
Our alumni and friends also make a difference by “giving through HGSE” to improve education. With gifts of time, talent and treasure, our alumni and friends enable HGSE faculty and students to teach, study, research and work in the field on pivotal educational problems.
Each person who gives time or financial resources to the School has his or her own motivations for making a gift. Fundamentally, however, gifts to HGSE are linked by the shared concern for ensuring high quality educational opportunities for all students.
A Philanthropic Resource
The Development and Alumni Relations team is organized to serve as a trusted resource for HGSE alumni and friends considering philanthropic decisions. Our professional staff can help you determine the most appropriate way to achieve your philanthropic objectives.
Please explore the links on this page to learn more about:
- Making an annual gift of unrestricted support (HGSE Fund)
- Providing multi-year funding for work on a particular topic, or to provide fellowships and professorships (Major Gifts)
- Planning a charitable life income gift to benefit yourself and your spouse (Planned Gifts)
- Working with fellow HGSE alumni and friends on the Alumni Council or the Recent Alumni Circle (Alumni & Friends -- Get Involved)
- Volunteering to recruit and interview prospective students, as well as mentor current students (Alumni & Friends -- Get Involved)
- Joining with HGSE staff and alumni to organize regional programs and events (Alumni & Friends -- Get Involved)
We look forward to working with HGSE alumni and friends to help them “give through HGSE” to develop the leaders and knowledge necessary to improve education.