Prevention Science and Practice
Prevention Science and Practice/CAS in Counseling
Alumni & Careers
Graduates of the Prevention Science and Practice Program are prepared for careers as prevention specialists, researchers, school counselors, school adjustment counselors, administrators, and youth advocates. PSP/R&P alumni hold a variety of positions that allow them to advocate for, implement, and directly influence policies and practices that promote healthy social and emotional development for children and adolescents. Students completing the Risk and Prevention Ed.M. hold positions in schools, early childhood and youth service agencies, and research and policy organizations. Certificate of Advance Study (CAS) in Counseling graduates work as school guidance and school adjustment counselors. In addition, several PSP/R&P alumni pursue doctoral and professional degrees.
View a list of positions held by recent graduates of the Prevention Science and Practice Program, as reported by selected alumni.
PSP/R&P Alumni hold the following types of positions:
- Adjustment Counselor, Medford Public Schools
- Assistant Program Officer to Africa, International Women's Health Coalition
- Child Development Specialist, Caring For Babies With AIDS
- Dean of Academic Preparations, Steppingstone Foundation
- Doctoral Student, Counseling Psychology, Boston College
- Guidance Counselor, U.S. Department of Defense Dependent Schools
- Health and Wellness Counselor, Eagle Rock School
- Program Associate, Coalition of Essential Schools
- Research Assistant, Harlem Children’s Zone
- Teen Program Coordinator, Incarcerated Mothers Program
- Upward Bound Director, College of Eastern Utah - San Juan Campus
See Graduate Survey Reports by the Career Services Office for employment information about PSP alumni listed by year of graduation.
Career Resources for Current Students and Alumni
Contact the PSP program coordinator to join the Prevention Science and Practice Alumni listserv. Participants receive frequent job postings and news about other alumni.
Visit GSE’s Career Services Office to view job listings, sign up for eRecruiting, access career tools and online resources, and read job hunting tips.
Alumni can sign up for Crimson Compass, an online career networking service for alumni from across Harvard University.
GSE Alumni Services offers a variety of benefits and ways to stay in touch with the School and classmates.