To reach the Graduate School of Education by subway, take the Red Line to the Harvard Square stop. Subways begin running at 5:05 a.m. and stop at 12:30 a.m. along most routes. View information about fares for subway and bus passes.
Go to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) website for a subway map and schedule.
To walk from the HARVARD SQUARE subway stop to HGSE
- Take the main exit (turn left out of the train, walk along the platform, pass through the turnstiles, and go left up the escalator).
- As you exit the station, cross JFK Street to the newsstand called Crimson Corner.
- Turn left and proceed along Brattle Street (you will pass Cardullo's).
- Follow Brattle St. as it curves to the right in Brattle Square (in front of the EMS store).
- Walk three blocks and turn right on Appian Way.
Longfellow Hall is the red brick building on the left.
Larsen Hall is the tall brick building across from Longfellow Hall.
Gutman Library is the gray cement building on the corner of Appian Way and Brattle Street.