Directions From Logan Airport
If you are flying into Boston's Logan Airport, use the subway or take a taxi from the airport to Harvard Square, Cambridge.
Taking a taxi is a convenient way to get from Logan Airport to the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The ride takes about 30 minutes and the fare is approximately $30-$40. Ask the driver to take you to the corner of Brattle Street and Appian Way in Cambridge (across from the American Repertory Theater, outside Harvard Square).
Go to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) website for a subway map and schedule.
- Take the Silver Line (MBTA bus/subway) inbound to South Station. The Silver Line has a stop located outside of all terminals.
- At South Station, get on the Red Line northbound toward Alewife Station. Take this train to the Harvard Square station.
To walk from the HARVARD SQUARE subway stop to HGSE:
- Take the main exit (turn left out of the train, walk along the platform, pass through the turnstiles, and go left up the escalator).
- As you exit the station, cross JFK Street to the newsstand called Crimson Corner.
- Turn left and proceed along Brattle Street (you will pass Cardullo's).
- Follow Brattle St. as it curves to the right in Brattle Square (in front of the EMS store).
- Walk three blocks and turn right on Appian Way.
Longfellow Hall is the red brick building on the left.
Larsen Hall is the tall brick building across from Longfellow Hall.
Gutman Library is the gray cement building on the corner of Appian Way and Brattle Street.